[mythtv-users] Compiling latest SVN

Fri Nov 23 16:17:53 UTC 2007

Harry Devine a écrit :
> I wanted to try and see how to compile and use the latest SVN version,
> so I backed up my database, followed the SVN on Fedora Wiki article
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core)
> and compiled everything.  All seemed to work fine, but now when I try to
> start the frontend, I get an error stating: "error while loading shared
> libraries: libmythtv-0.20.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory".  Also, if I enter mythbackend --version, it tells me
> 0.20.2-169.fc6, which is what I was running previously.

Here are a few things I would check:

1) Are you still running the old backend? The protocol used by the
version in svn is version 36 (the mythtv-0.20-fixes branch is still at
version 31). Have you restarted the mythbackend service?

# /sbin/service mythbackend restart

2) When you compiled mythtv, have you configured it with --prefix=/usr
or --/prefix=/usr/local? If you chose to follow the tutorial (and
installed to /usr/local), have you done the following?:

# echo "/usr/local/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
# /sbin/ldconfig

Claude