[mythtv-users] Compiling latest SVN

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 16:33:28 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 8:19 AM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I just did both steps, and got the same issues.  I ran "service
> mythbackend restart" and got an error stating "unrecognized service".
> Obviously something's missing, I just can't seem to figure out what.

When you removed the ATRPMS package it probably took out the startup
script in /etc/init.d.

What I did to upgrade to SVN from ATRPMS packages:

1. Build/install with --prefix=/usr/local
2. Add to ld.so.conf as state above
3. rm -f /usr/bin/myth* (and any other myth executables)
4. rm -rf /usr/lib/libmyth (and any other myth stuff)

Just make sure you have no myth files in /usr/bin and /usr/local and
try mythbackend from the command line.  If still getting an error
check permissions and check that /usr/local is in /etc/ld.so.conf.