[mythtv-users] Additional Storage

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:12:12 UTC 2007

>Who cares? You don't need that kind of speed.
I am not sure if I would like everything taking 2 to 3 times as long
to load but I guess it depends on what you use your system for. My
main mythtv system is also my main desktop at home.

> My 8Gb Seagate disk is about 6 years old. In fact I bought three at around the
> same time. I have had no trouble with any of them, all are running every day in
> server or workstation.
You are very lucky. I find the failure rate for drives after 5 years
is over 33% at work and this is for desktops.

> Having said that, I do back them up every night.

That is good.

John