[mythtv-users] Resume from S3 with MCE USB Remote

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 00:29:51 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 2:55 PM, Jeppe N. Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:

> Has anybody successfully resumed from S3 with the MCE remote on an
> M2NPV-VM?

 I had no luck with any device on the USB bus waking the system from
"hibernate/suspend-to-disk" (which I think is S4), but IIRC, S3 would
work.

I use FC6 (MythDora 4).  If you do also (and this may apply for other
distros) do you know you need to echo the right string to
/proc/acpi/wakeup to enable it?  You can use
    $ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
to see the current settings and list of values to use to enable various
wakeup options for your motherboard.  Mine is down for repairs at the
moment, but IIRC, you need to do something like this:
    $ echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
or
    $ echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
depending on which set of USB ports you have your mceusb2
receiver plugged in to.

HTH.

Craig.