[mythtv-users] Mytharchive command line script to create mydata.xml

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 01:50:08 UTC 2007

I put a script together that allows me to archive series episodes without
having to go through the mytharchive gui.   Its a pain to have to select the
episodes to archive and then select them again to export each time
especially if you have to go through a big list of shows.   Mysql queries
are fast and beats the naked eye.
Of course you need to have mytharchive working already in your system and
the script will need to be customized for your own use.  It is pretty
functional, I think.  It basically does a query of three episodes with a
specific series title and creates mydata.xml with this info.  It then calls
mythburn.py I chose three episodes because on my system, the files are
encoded such that 3 will fit a single layer dvd.  I also do a direct burn to
dvd.
I uploaded the script for anyone interested.