[mythtv-users] Mythtv not setting the preset channel correctly on ubuntu.

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:07:53 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 11:16 PM, Brady <mythtv at gecka.us> wrote:
>I tried working around this by
> setting the channel by adding 'ivtv-tune -c 3 /dev/video0' in the
> mythtv-backend init script but it is segfaulting on startup (But not
> when I run by hand later..

I think this is due to ivtv-tune requiring the HOME environment
variable which isn't
available at init time.  I had this in my channel change script:

export HOME=/root
/usr/bin/ivtv-tune --channel=3 --device=/dev/video2
/usr/local/bin/channel $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9

But whatever I had misconfigured seems to be fixed now and I don't
think I need the ivtv-tune
anymore.

And like Mike says using the Composite or S-Video output would be a
better choice if it works for you.