[mythtv-users] Lost lirc with SVN

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 21:01:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 2:08 PM, Bill Omer <bill.omer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2007 12:20 PM, Bill Omer <bill.omer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > check:
> > >
> > > ldd /path/to/mythfrontend |grep "lirc"
> > >
> > > to make sure LIRC support is really linked in to the mythfrontend binary.
> > >
> > > Does irw work from the shell?
> > >

> > Yes irw works, so does irexec.
> >
> > root at macmini:~# ldd /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend | grep lirc
> >         liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0 (0xb5e44000)
> >

> > This is mythbuntu machine.  I've compiled the latest svn version by
> > hand.  lirc was stock with mythubuntu, I guess I could try building it
> > by source as well
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bill Omer
> >

> I compiled lirc 0.8.2 and removed the liblircclient0 package.  I
> recompiled myth and verified it has the new libs linked:
>
> root at macmini:~/mythtv# ldd /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend  | grep lirc
>         liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/liblirc_client.so.0 (0xb5e1c000)
>

> Still no lirc in mythfrontend.

Looking at the output of lsof | grep lirc, it appears that
mythfrontend is using the correct library.  So is irexec, which is
working.

irexec    12995      bomer  mem       REG        8,1    50323
3787064 /usr/local/lib/liblirc_client.so.0.2.0
mythfront 13026      bomer  mem       REG        8,1    50323
3787064 /usr/local/lib/liblirc_client.so.0.2.0

I'm not really sure where else to check on this now.  I've attached my
.lircrc and /etc/lircd.conf