[mythtv-users] Help debugging mythfrontend crashs (0.20.2-168.fc6)

Jeff jeff3140 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:21:59 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 5:37 PM, John <jharitos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think you'll get around not doing a reinstall.
> I initially installed MythDora and I upgraded mplayer
> which messed up the whole system. I tried to do a yum
> --fix and it got real ugly.

So far so good. I had to remove yelp, wis-go7007 and nvidia develop and then
yum upgrade would run. I think there was a mismatch between some modules and
the kernel I was running but I'm not positive about that. I had been having
xorg problems where X11 would take up 100% of a cpu, ivtv buffer full issues
and the [new] exceptions apparently from mythfrontend. I still seem to have
an old problem where pausing playback of a recorded show hangs the frontend
so the box needs to be rebooted but other that it seems to be working so
I'll wait and see what issues pop up.