[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase - program info only

Mark Steckel mjs at qwsa.com
Sun Nov 25 01:26:44 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I've scrounge around on mythtv.org, googled, and searched through the
last few months of the mythtv-users archive w/o finding an answer...
If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Is it possible to have mythfilldatabase to update *only* programming
information based on xmltv id's *without* changing anything else such
as channels?

Example - via mythtv-setup, using the channel editor and an empty
channel list, I created one new channel. I assigned it a name,
number, call sign, XMLTV ID, video source (Schedules Direct), and set
the freq/channel. This should be enough information for
mythfilldatabase to retrieve program information on the created
channel based purely on the xmltv id.

However, when I run mythfilldatabase and regardless of cmd line
options, it always insists on adding additional channels. I don't
want this. I want it to respect my channel setup and only update the
program information.

(And yes, I understand that I can delete channels from my Schedules
Direct lineup, but this doesn't accomplish what I want.)

Any idea if this is possible? I am open to suggestions that I create
an xml file and update the database with that, I'd just need to know
how to pull down the info and create the file. (I've done plenty of
coding, esp Perl, so that doesn't scare me.)

Thanks
Mark