[mythtv-users] MythVideo Scripting

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 01:31:40 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 4:32 PM, Adam Branaugh <abranaugh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question on a way to order the videos in MythVideo.  Right
> now I have 3 tv shows in their own folder, with each season in a
> seperate folder.  Then each episode is names in this fashion:
> EpisodeNumber EpisdoeName.
>
> I don't like the episode number there though.  I have edited the
> database where all the metadata is stored and added a boolean field,
> and a int field.  The boolean is a true of false that would be checked
> if it is a TV show or not.  The int field would be for the episdoe
> number.  Now what I would like to do but do not know of a way to do
> it, would be to set each Episode of the tv show in a category named TV
> shows.  Then if the TV shows cateogry is applied, I would like it to
> sort by this int field episodeNumber, otherwise sort by the title.
>
> I dont' know if the boolean field is necessary or not.  I was thinking
> about not having any category but decided the category idea might be
> simpler.  I added that without thinking everything through completely
> but that can be changed easily.  I think there is a way to do this but
> I do not know how to program in C++, I only have experince in PHP and
> Java.  I was looking at the videofilter.cpp that came with the
> MythPlugins package.   What would be the best way to do this?  I
> probably could figure out what to code if someone could help me figure
> out what exactly it needs to do and where it should be placed.
>
> I am currently using MythDora by the way, don't know if anything was
> changed when MythDora was created in that script.  I want all the
> videos to show, the movies and the TV shows at the same time, not just
> one or the other.
>
> If you need any information please feel free to ask.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
> --
> You have just recieved a message from Adam Branaugh

The videometadata row's last variable is the category.  This is an integer I
believe.  Then there is videocategory table that has two values : intid and
category where category is a string.  If you sort your videos such that
specific groups would have the same category in the videometadata, you can
use Mythvideo's filter option to list the videos when you select the
stringname  for the category (specified in the videocategory table).

.