[mythtv-users] Cannot connect to backend?

Dave dave at 0bits.com
Sun Nov 25 12:41:16 UTC 2007

Mark Rutten markgrutten at yahoo.com.au:
 > I've been running the head of mythtv development version, updating
 > reasonably regularly.  I updated using svn last night and now when
 > starting mythfrontend the backend server can't be found.  Both my
 > frontend and backend run on the same machine, so the ip address is
 > 127.0.0.1 and I'm using the default port (6543 I think).
 >
 > Is there a way to overcome this problem?  Is there something new that
 > I should be doing?

I found the only solution was to use a non localhost ip address. Do this
in your mysql

   select * from settings where value like '%ServerIP'

You should get

+-----------------+----------+----------+
| value           | data     | hostname |
+-----------------+----------+----------+
| BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1| htpc     |
| MasterServerIP  | 127.0.0.1| NULL     |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Change those to a non local ip address for machine's interface. So i had
to do (my ip address was 1.0.0.40) the following

update settings set data='1.0.0.40' where value='MasterServerIP';
update settings set data='1.0.0.40' where value='BackendServerIP';

Now all is fine again.

Cheers