[mythtv-users] Copying movies to Myth from Windows PC

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Sun Nov 25 20:42:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, November 26, 2007 9:16 am, jedi wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 08:43:01PM +0100, Remy Bohmer wrote:
>> Hello Paul,
>>
>> > Would I just install Samba on the Myth box and use MB shares or is
>> there
>> > a better way?
>
>   Well... better is purely a matter of taste.
>
>   How do you want the interface to look and how much trouble are you
> willing to bother with?
>
>   Samba seems a fairly logical way to go about things.
>
>   Winscp is also simple enough too.
>

>> You can use scp, it will probably work on MythDora without any change.
>> As Windows client you can use winscp (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php)
>> for example.
>> Probably needless to say: scp != ftp.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Remy
>>

>> 2007/11/24, Paul Broadwith <paul.broadwith at blueivy.co.uk>:
>> >
>> > I have a few movies I'd like to copy to the Myth box and was wondering
>> > the best way to do this? I use MythDora.
>> >
>> > Would I just install Samba on the Myth box and use MB shares or is
>> there
>> > a better way?
>> >
>> > Where do the movies go when copied (so that I cna watch them under
>> Watch
>> > Recordings->Watch Videos)?

They go in the directory that is set up under the video section of the
setup screens in mythtv. I cannot remember the exact menu path ot get
there, but its something like

main menu|settings|media settings|mythvideo

you'll find it if you look through the menus logically.

After you have moved the files you should go into video manager to get
them entered into the database.

--
Nick Rout