[mythtv-users] RESOLVED Re: DVB not recording

Barry Quiel quielb at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Nov 26 01:52:15 UTC 2007

JJ wrote:
> nospam312 wrote:
>
>>> I thought you said that the problem started after you added a second HD?
>>>

>> Sorry Marc I was replying to a message on the thread to say I also
>> have similar problems.  i.e. more people with same problem more chance
>> of a solution :)
>>

> Mine also, blank screen on channel-change....I think it might be a pid
> problem, it seems to lose
> lock on the pid....but I can get mine to work if I keep trying....by
> changing to another chan, then back
> (VP-1020)

It looks like the cable company moved the channels around on me.  The
moved all the channels of of one mulitplex to another.  That would
explain why I could not tune all of the channels.  Just the ones on a
particular multiplex.

I don't have the original channel list to compare to, so I can't be 100%
certain.  But after deleting all the channels, re-scanning, identifying
( none of them come up with call signs on the scan ) everything is
working again.  I also made it through an entire week of recordings
without missing one.