[mythtv-users] PS3 & UPnP not working
ralyon at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 02:55:15 UTC 2007
An alternative to using ffmpeg that I have found is creating a user job
with mythtranscode. Here is what I used:
mythtranscode -c %CHANID% -s %STARTTIME% -p autodetect -m -e dvd -l; mv
/var/mythtv/%FILE% /var/mythtv/%FILE%.old; mv /var/mythtv/%FILE%.tmp
/var/mythtv/%FILE%; mythcommflag -c %CHANID% -s %STARTTIME% --rebuild
The first 3 switches for mythtranscode (-c, -s, -p) are required (read
the help if you need to know). "-m" makes it stay in mpeg, "-e dvd"
makes it a dvd compatible stream type (ps didn't work, weird), -l tells
it to use the cutlist to cut out commercials (not the skiplist that
commercial detection gives you).
The first "mv" command simply creates a backup of the original recording
and can be removed if you don't want a backup (I already have but I
thought it would be nice to include). The second "mv" moves the newly
created file in place of the original one (it will overwite it without
the fist "mv" command).
The last command rebuild the seek table on the new file and clears the
cutlist since it has already been used. I didn't see an option to clear
the skiplist so make sure to turn off commercial skipping since they are
now gone. I'm open to suggestions on this.
I did notice that it takes about a minute to actually start playing. I'm
not sure what causes that, might even be my physical network (gigabit
ethernet). I would like to hear what other people experience with this
More information about the mythtv-users