[mythtv-users] Using a LifeView TV Walker Twin DVB-T - SOLVED

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay at softlog.com.au
Mon Nov 26 07:30:23 UTC 2007

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Can anyone fill me on on whatever arcane incantations are needed to get
> the LifeView Twin to work with MythTV as indicated by the wiki? I can
> tune it with Kaffiene, just not with MythTV.
>
> I have it entered as a DVB DTV capture Card (3.x)
>
> Latest V4L and firmware. dmesg indicates all the driver loads fine.

I really need to drink less coffee. Problems appear to be solved.

Removed all tuner hardware except the LifeView :) Still couldn't find
any channels when scanning in MythTV, however Kaffeine did.

Created a channels.conf file using scan, which picked up quite a few
channels and imported it into mythtv. Worked a treat - can view and
change channels perfectly with the LifeView now.

Impressions:
- Just using a set of cheap rabbit ears for Antenna,  However I am close
to the transmitter and in line of sight. Not expecting miracles.
- This device has *much* better reception than the WinFast 1000-T I was
using, it reports a signal strenght of 60 - 70% where the WinFast was
only getting 20% (Same Aerial).
- Picture is very steady, no artifacts or droputs
- Overall very happy with it now.

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album/