[mythtv-users] Audio problems

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 08:51:57 UTC 2007

DISAFAN wrote:
> I've suddenly developed an audio buffer issue and audio problems. I have
> no idea why. I've tried fiddling with the aggressive and extra audio
> buffering. But I cannot figure out what started it and what happened.
>
> Can someone give me some advice on diagnostic and troubleshooting
> techniques for this type of problem?

Try running the frontend from the command line with -v audio, playback

I find the best way to do this is log in from my laptop over ssh and
then run

export DISPLAY=:0
mythfrontend -v audio,playback

watch for errors on the laptop screen while you observe the mythtv box.
You can save the output using shell redirection. for a list of other
verbose logs you can see, try

mythfrontend -v help