[mythtv-users] SA3250HD FireWire channel changing can be a bit flaky...here's a workaround

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 26 10:16:49 UTC 2007

Brian Long wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2007 2:19 AM, Scott Alfter <mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org> wrote:
>> sa3250ch (in the contrib directory) doesn't send leading zeroes on channel
>> numbers less than 100, and it doesn't send Enter on any channels.
>
> When I had SA 3250HD's, I found the internal channel changer in SVN
> trunk was much better than the contrib script.  If you're still
> running 0.20.x, I think you're stuck with the external changer, but if
> you're running trunk, you could try the internal changer since it's
> more robust.

I had been running trunk for the past few days, but reverted to 0.20.2-fixes.
(I'm using the same build level of both (14917, IIRC), and the updated schema
appears to mostly work with the older branch.)  My attempts at getting the
channel changer working right, which I thought I had fixed in the previous
message, haven't worked so well...I think it might work for recordings, but
doesn't work so well for live-TV testing (where I get lots of
"RingBuf(/some/path/to/file.mpg) Error: Invalid file descriptor in
'safe_read()'" messages from the backend).

I didn't know there was an internal changer in trunk.  If I switch back to it,
how do I enable the internal changer?  I didn't notice a checkbox for it, but I
might've skipped right by it.

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter