[mythtv-users] Additional Storage

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Nov 26 14:08:50 UTC 2007

Paul Broadwith wrote:

> If I rebuild Myth on another machine (which is what I'm going to do) can
> I do a simple backup and restore to the new machine and it carries ALL
> of the settings over?

Nice try, but there are serious gotchas if you don't know what you are doing.
Part of "it restores ALL of the settings" (true) is the names and settings of
the various hosts, and in particular, the name of the master back end.

To avoid any unpleasantness, there are instructions in the wiki about moving
your setup from one machine to another, you'd best have a look at that. Since
that undoubtably involves copying the SQL over, your standard backups will be a
bonus.

Mike Perkins