[mythtv-users] Audio Problems

Greene, David Cameron dcgreene at indiana.edu
Mon Nov 26 16:42:30 UTC 2007

I have diagnosed my audio problems and traced them to a combination of
the onboard audio controller on the motherboard, which uses the
snd-hda-intel driver and pulseaudio with my new FC8 installation. I got
out a $5 USB soundcard dongle thing, and used the suggested verbose
command to do some additional tweaking after I removed pulseaudio.

I am all in favor of Fedora implementing new technologies, but this one
was not quite ready. I've had to remove it from all but one computer.

DISAFAN,

I had a similar problem with the snd-had-intel driver - you've probably already read this stuff, but:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Intel_HD_Audio_-_Realtek_ALC88x

I ended up buying a $10 sound card from the local comp repair shop which "fixed" my onboard sound issues.

--dcg