[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Win-TV 878/9 (???)

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:26:57 UTC 2007

On 11/20/07, jedi at mishnet.org <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> >> special)
> >> it.
> >> and
> >>
> >>    ...shouldn't be a problem.
> >>
> >>    Those chipsets have been supported in Linux for a LONG time. Their
> >> programming specs have been freely available since the beginning.
> >>
> >>    I used those docs myself to tweak the original bttv driver to
> support
> >> the 878/9.
> >>
> >> [deletia]
> >

> > Fantastic.  I can't wait to get hacking and cracking.
> >
> > BTW, I have a lot of experience with Debian but I'm a complete newbie
> when
> > it comes to MythTV.  Do you think the Mythbuntu distribution will be a
> > good
> > place for me to start so that I can get myself up and running quickly?
>
> ...just use the regular Ubuntu 7.10 distribution.
>
> A special purpose vertical distro really isn't needed.

I've got an Ubuntu Feisty installation running MythTV 0.20.2 with a
WinTV-Go(bttv 879) and a WinTV-PVR150.  The bttv card works great and I only
added the PVR150 to be able to tune two channels at a time.  I would only
caution that you may have to really crank down the recording quality if you
plan to watch and record at the same time.