[mythtv-users] X config for CRT TV

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:45:32 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 11:21:22 am Joacim J wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I have tried that but can not get a good picture. I think the time is soon
> here to invest in a flatscreen TV with component and VGA.
>
> BR
> Joacim

Be careful with that though. You may want to verify that the TV you are
looking at can actually accept the full resolution (ie some 1080p TV's can
only accept 720p through the VGA input).

Typically to get around this you would go DVI -> HDMI or if you get a
Motherboard that has HDMI built in and it is supported with Linux then you
can get full HDMI out (Video / Sound) via the HDMI out on the box.

Ben