[mythtv-users] Mythtv on FC6 -> Fedora7 Upgrade

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Nov 27 12:08:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 01:53:30PM -0800, Paul Bender wrote:
> Shanon Mulley wrote:
> > Having an OS which is supported for a number of years is starting
> > to sound very appealing. Hopfully by then there will be a good
> > CentOS mythtv installation guide.

But there is - Jarod's guide applied for 99% on CentOS as well.

> I converted my server (which runs my MythTV backen) from Fedora Core 6
> i386 to CentOS 5 x86_64 a couple days ago. The conversion was smooth.
>
> I did a clean install, reformatting swap / /boot and /var but not /home
> or /var/video (where I store my videos). I exported my mythconverg
> database and imported after the install. I saved copies of / /boot and
> /var in case I needed something from them. The ATrpms repository
> provided everything needed for MythTV, Add the EPEL repository

But EPEl chose not to be compatible to any other repo, which means
that there either already are incompatibility to ATrpms, or there will
be. Better add Dag, Dries, CentOS ectras, KB, SL etc which are all
repos that work together with ATrpms.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net