[mythtv-users] Recordings Hanging?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue Nov 27 16:09:54 UTC 2007

I noticed a few versions ago that my recordings were hanging.  In mythweb, I
could see tons of unfinished recordings, and mythtv refused to record any
more shows.  I had a new card to install, so I decided to upgrade to the
current svn, install the new card, and rebuild my cards / tuners again.  (I
also wanted to see if comcast hid any QAM-64 channels with the QAM-256 (they
didn't)).

Everything was happy.

Now -- I started getting hanging recordings again.  I restarted the
mythbackend, and everything was better.

So -- the questions:

1) Is anyone else experiencing this?

2) Is there a safe way to reboot (restart) mythbackend as a temporary work
around?

-Dave

--
David Frascone