[mythtv-users] pvr-500 strange lines

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Nov 27 22:25:18 UTC 2007

Hello, i have a cable box plugged into my pvr-500, so the reception should
be perfect...one would think  : )

Anyhow, it's not perfect. There are very small but very noticeable vertical
grayish lines that kind of squiggle through the picture. I've tried the
s-video connection and it was exactly the same. If i plug the cable box
directly into the tv, and not go through my mythbox, the picture is great.

Also, one thing i've noticed is that when the analogue cable line is plugged
into the pvr-500, you get shocked when you touch it. Turn the computer off
and no shock, so that tells me the shock is coming from the card, and not
somewhere in the cable line. Could this be related? Is my pvr-500 possibly
bad? --Any Ideas?

I've attached an image so you can see.

-Thanks
-Steve