[mythtv-users] MythTV Status in your MOTD (and email) - Version 0.5.1

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 28 00:50:41 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 4:42 PM, Andrew Ruthven wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 13:33 +1300, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 00:46 -0500, Glen Dragon wrote:
>>> Hey Andrew, looks cool.
>>> Any chance you could add disk space?  It would be useful to have a
>>> daily email to know when the drives are filling up.
>>
>> I had thought about adding that info as well, but I figure I should
>> check what happens when you have multiple storage areas
>> configured.  If
>> someone has that setup could they please send me the output of
>> http://localhost/6544/xml ?
>
> Wow, that was fast!  I've received one already, thanks Brad.
>
> I'll add this feature to the next version.
>
> And ick, what a horrible way to show the disk usage on the different
> storage areas...

It makes sense when you understand my setup. I have a master backend
(for legacy reasons called slave) with 1 750GB drive (symlinked to the
same named-directory as where my frontend mounts this drive - jusgt in
case) and a 600GB array for video/photos/music, a combo slave backend/
frontend with 1 750GB drive. I mount my master backend drives on my
combo machine, but I don't mount my combo drive on my master backend.
Then I have a 1.5TB NAS box mounted to each backend. There's no real
good way to show that relationship given the multiple drives mounted
differently everywhere but this is what works best for my network and
capture cards.

My mythweb status page ends up looking like this:

Disk Usage:
MythTV Drive #1:
Directories: slave:/mnt/tvrecordings, slave:/tvrecordings
Total Space: 704,175 MB
Space Used: 662,884 MB
Space Free: 41,291 MB
MythTV Drive #2:
Directories: slave:/nas, Myth-Livingroom:/nas
Total Space: 1429,698 MB
Space Used: 93,351 MB
Space Free: 1336,346 MB
MythTV Drive #4:
Directory: Myth-Livingroom:/hdrecordings
Total Space: 704,175 MB
Space Used: 600,859 MB
Space Free: 103,315 MB
Total Disk Space: