[mythtv-users] COnfig for 720p?

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:42:55 UTC 2007

Jan Johansson wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I have tinkered enough now... J
>

> I can not get my nVidia 7300GT to be seen as anything except “480p” by
> my LG 42LC46.
>
> But, if I connect a PS3, or BlueRay Player, I get 1080p without a hitch
> (yes, the screen is only 720p native, but accepts up to 1080p24)
>

> Is there ANY chance that someone with a similar setup would share their
> xorg.conf? (I am running MythBunth 7.10 as a base)

I'm assuming you've already tried leaving the nvidia-auto-select option in the
resolutions area?  It tends to catch the EDID for a lot of TVs when you do.

If that isn't catching it, the best thing to do is bump up the verbosity of the
X log temporarily by modifying the gdm file used.  It is in /etc/xdg/mythbuntu/gdm.

Look over the logged verbosity (I think you usually need level 6), and it will
tell you exactly which EDID check it failed.  You can usually override said
check and it will carry on forward without a need for a custom modeline.

--
Mario Limonciello
mario.mailing at gmail.com