[mythtv-users] DVB-T Tuner

KH Chai khchai at ceedtec.com
Wed Nov 28 09:34:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a WinTV-HVR-900 DVB-T tuner card, that I have been trying to get it
working on MythDora 4.0.  No luck so far, only a big headache for the past 2
weeks.  I have an EPIA EX15000 system setup specifically for viewing DVB-T.
MythTV is able to detect the tuner, but fail to scan any available channels.
I even tried connecting the tuner through a DVB-T modulator by feeding it
some recorded TS stream.  It just couldn't detect the channels.  MythTV is
pretty much installed with MythDora, so I didn't do much on the
installation.  All I did  is follow through configuration wizard.  Also, the
remote control is not working either.  However, I manage to get the tuner
working on my laptop running Windows.  I started to think it's the driver
issue.  Anyone has ever work on this issue before?

I'm thinking of getting the WinTV-Nova-T-500 tuner card instead.  I've been
reading about the review; seems like most people are using it.  Question: Is
it easy on the setup, configuration, and getting it to work?  Is it worth
getting this tuner card or is there any other available "easy to configure"
tuner card?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards,

KH