[mythtv-users] pvr-500 strange lines

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Nov 28 12:48:40 UTC 2007

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics schreef op 27-11-2007 23:25:
> Hello, i have a cable box plugged into my pvr-500, so the reception
> should be perfect...one would think  : )
>
> Anyhow, it's not perfect. There are very small but very noticeable
> vertical grayish lines that kind of squiggle through the picture. I've
> tried the s-video connection and it was exactly the same. If i plug the
> cable box directly into the tv, and not go through my mythbox, the
> picture is great.
>
> Also, one thing i've noticed is that when the analogue cable line is
> plugged into the pvr-500, you get shocked when you touch it. Turn the
> computer off and no shock, so that tells me the shock is coming from the
> card, and not somewhere in the cable line. Could this be related? Is my
> pvr-500 possibly bad? --Any Ideas?
>
> I've attached an image so you can see.
>
> -Thanks
> -Steve

First off all it's generally not appreciated if you send attachments
like this to the list.

The shock-issue is something I get here as well when COAX is plugged in,
just be carefull plugging it in ;) In general it seems te be caused by
grounding issues.

The lines in your image I see sometimes as well in some programmes,
especially when I watch programmes on a TFT-monitor. So it might have
something to do with interlace settings?

Other people might have a better answer to that one though...

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra