[mythtv-users] LiveTV Fails To Start Because of Recordings? How Do I Resolve?

Bruce Perryman bperryman_us at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 15:43:16 UTC 2007

Thanks again!

mplayer /dev/video0 works fine. I can watch livetv this way but I guess I would have to install the ivtv tools to change the channel.

Regarding the 1000 channel, I noticed that but I didn't know where that might be coming from. The starting channel is set to 2 which is fine. Is there a channel setup in the recordings? I'm new to mythtv, but I'm assuming that starting livetv invokes recording of livetv so that you can rewind.

John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote: On Nov 28, 2007 9:55 AM, Bruce Perryman  wrote:
> Thanks again.
>
> IVTV is installed - version 1.0.0
>
> Here is IVTV specific info in /var/log/messages:
>

> Nov 28 07:40:58 Hosana kernel: [   38.386959] ivtv0: loaded
> v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw firmware (-139632811246384 bytes)
This looks unusual

Can you do a mplayer /dev/v4l/video0 and see if you get output.

if /dev/v4/video0 does not exist use /dev/video0

Also I do see one thing interesting in the OP. The channels myth is
trying to change to are 1068 and 1000 for an analog tuner. That has to
be wrong.

John