[mythtv-users] Sharp 46' LCD, GF5200 and 1080 HD mode ?

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 18:07:10 UTC 2007

on Nov 28, 2007 4:22 AM, warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> Do somebody have experience with this LCD TV, GF5200 and driving it to 1080 HD modes ?
> From NV forums I know there is some issues with proper driving  this TV to 1080i.
> Also, is it possible to drive it to 1080p ?
> What is native matrix resolution in this TV: isn't it 1920x540 ?

While I can't help with these questions, I can offer one suggestion:
Upgrade the video card.

in my experience, a card with slow DDR like the 5200 series cards,
have a hard time (tearing) with the memory bandwidth involved in
1080i/1080p modes. Upgrading to an (nvidia) card with DDR2/DDR3 can
help a lot.