[mythtv-users] Issues with shared NFS media store

Steve Rencontre q.mythtv at rsn-tech.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 22:35:42 UTC 2007

Thanks Brad and Dave for your replies, but I'm still no better off:

> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:34:57 -0800
> From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
>
>> > I have a setup with a master and slave backend which both store
>> > recordings on the master.
> These issues have both been addressed and available in SVN. If it's
> that important to you, you can upgrade or wait for the next release.
>

> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:19:15 -0800
> From: David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us>
>
> You might be able to fix this with the "master backend override"
> setting in mythtv-setup.
> Somehow Myth figured it out on my 0.21 system, but I'm not sure how.
> It seems under certain conditions it will figure out that two
> backends are sharing common storage.  Even MythArchive worked on the
> slave backend last time I tried it, but that was at least one upgrade
> ago.
>
> I think SVN has much better support for this sort of thing, though.

Unfortunately, I /am/ using SVN, and have been for ages - the latest
I've tried is r14957 from 2007-11-25 - but it ain't having none of it
for me.

"Machine Status" in system information says:

    MythTV Drive #1:
        Directory: master:/AVStore/tv
    MythTV Drive #2:
        Directory: slave:/AVStore/tv

I can't seem to use NFS names in the setup, so on both machines the
directory is just referred to as /AVStore/tv. On the master, it's local,
but on the slave it's an NFS mount.

There's nothing I can think of that would prevent the slave from knowing
that it's using a remote directory, like the mythtv user not having the
ability to read the mount table.

So, any more theories gratefully received. Maybe I'm going to have to
bite the bullet and wade into the source!

--
Steve Rencontre.