[mythtv-users] Potential Debian UID GID issues with NFS mounted recording directory?

Eric Pheatt eric.pheatt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 00:49:47 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I recently decided to upgrade my MBE that I have running on a Kuro
HG/WR Nas enclosure and trashed the mounted partitions ... Long fat
fingered story ... I was able to reinstall a mixed sarge/etch base and
restore the recording partition and the mysql database but the UID and
GID's on the recordings do not match the mythtv UID and GID as a
result of the reinstall.

Obviously I can chown the files but I vaguely remember (but can't for
the life of me find documentation to the effect) that I'll run into
nfs permission issues if the UID and GID's are different on the host
and client machines.

On my SBE/FE I installed 2 years ago using Knoppmyth the mythtv uid is
100 while the gid is 102 nfs mounts the entire /myth directory
(including tv video and music) from the Nas for central storage.

Does anyone have some easy tips/scripts for chageing system wide the
ownership files owned by myth (or any arbitraty user for that matter)
from one UID/GID to another if there are issues?

Thanks,
Eric