[mythtv-users] Issues with shared NFS media store

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 29 02:34:13 UTC 2007

On 11/28/2007 06:43 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Steve Rencontre wrote:
>
>> From: Brad DerManouelian
>>> What does df -k look like on each machine?
>> Master:
>>
>> /dev/sdb1            721075720 302207204 382239916  45% /AVStore
>> Slave:
>>
>> master:/AVStore      721075744 302236960 382210176  45% /AVStore
> I'm guessing MythTV doesn't see them as the same filesystem because
> they appear to be different sizes on the two machines.  In my
> experience having identical apparent sizes is important for MythTV to
> recognize two locations as being the same filesystem.

The minimal difference used in the space comparison was just recently
increased from 16kiB to 2MiB.  Unfortunately, yours is showing a
difference of about 29MiB.  See
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14924/trunk/mythtv if you want to
see how to increase it to 30MiB...

>   I'm not sure
> *why* they don't appear the same,

sizes

>  though.  Maybe they're being
> mounted with different block sizes, making the math come out
> differently?

I can't help with this part, either, though I think that figuring out
the answer will allow you to fix the issue properly (either on your
system configuration, or--if necessary--in Myth).

Mike