[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 03:10:07 UTC 2007

> >(Though there's a good chance you /should/ enable slow deletes.)
>
> Since the issue here is a slow SQL statement and not a slow file system
> (mine is xfs and deletes have never been slow), I wonder how this will
> help?  I thought this myth-setup option was to implemented to help overcome
> slow file system deletes.
>
> >Yep.  Without changing your MySQL configuration, that's as good as it
> >will get.  I'll leave figuring out how to change your MySQL
> >configuration--and the consequences of doing so--to you (as really, the
> >fact that it takes 6-7 seconds to schedule recordings should make no
> >difference to you).

If the scheduler is blocking the frontend when it does this 7 second
operation, it clearly makes a difference to me.  It is very frustrating to
sit and wait up to 10 seconds after every delete (from either the frontend
or mythweb).

I am open to suggestions as to how I can improve this situation.

Thanks,
Larry