[mythtv-users] Record HD by using a slingbox HD?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Nov 29 03:32:42 UTC 2007

Hello, has anyone ever considered trying to use a slingbox HD to get HD
recordings into their myth tv box?

I've never used a slingbox, so let me know if this is just not possible, but
it seems to me that the slingbox can record from your hd source, then
compresses the video and then sends the video file out over the network.
Couldn't this be used kind of like the hd homerun?

This taken from slingbox's website:

"The HD Connect Cable lets you watch your home television's high definition
programming* by connecting your HDTV source to the SlingboxT PRO. The HD
Connect Cable has component video and stereo audio inputs and pass-through
outputs, and is compatible with HDTV video services of up to 1080i
resolution."

-Let me know your thoughts.
-Steve