[mythtv-users] Debugging mythfrontend video freeze

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Thu Nov 29 04:03:48 UTC 2007

>I can't help with your video freeze issue, but are you sure this isn't a
>typo?  You say your playing back 720p and 1080i on a 1Ghz Pentium-M with
>with Nvidia 7300?
>
>I'm not sure, but I think the myth-vid bits are now in Svn - I thought
>there wasn't an improvement in performance with the OpenGL rendering?
>If there is, I am pleasantly surprised.

Not a typo, it's a 1GHz Pentium-M w/ Nvidia 7300. A 1GHz Pentium-M is
faster than you would first believe but the Nvidia is what makes
1080i HD content possible.

And yes, this is recent trunk with myth-vid merges. I'm doing
xvmc-blit with one field deinterlace.

There was no improvement that I see, I was able to do this before the
myth-vid merge and also before all the ffmpeg sync problems a few
months ago. It's only been recent that the ffmpeg sync problems have
settled down where I'm back to running smooth again. My only issue is
the random freeze.