[mythtv-users] Anyone gotten MythArchive running on SuSE 10.2/with wodim?

David Shay david at shay.net
Thu Nov 29 05:11:59 UTC 2007

On 11/24/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> SuSE has dropped cdrecord and it's annoying derivatives in favor of
> wodim; I'm not wizard enough to know how that affects mytharchive, but
> I suspect it can't be good.
>
> If anyone who has the knowledge of MA to help me figure out what needs
> to be done to adapt it also has the time, I'd be happy to write up the
> results for the wiki, and my sister would thank you to the end of your
> days...
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

I'm not using SuSE, so I can't speak definitively, but a grep of the entire
mytharchive directory finds no reference of "cdrecord" at all, so I wouldn't
suspect an issue at all.  From a very brief reading of the code
(mythburn.pyscript, mainly), it looks like the reliance on cdrtools is
primarily for
mkisofs, not cdrecord.  Burning of the DVD itself would be done with
growisofs from dvd+rw-tools.