[mythtv-users] Hosting a web site on MythTV back end

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:29:21 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 10:04 PM, David Segall <david at segall.net> wrote:
> I would like to host my web site on the MythTV back end with the minimum
> changes to MythTV. I'm happy to change the Apache configuration file(s)
> but not the directory structure of the server.
>
> My aim is to have requests to http://tv.example.com go to the password
> protected MythTV directory. Requests to http://www.example.com and
> http://example.com would go to my site's web pages.
>
> Can anyone list the changes I need to make or post their own Apache
> configuration files.

Apache virtual hosts will easily accomplish this.  The configuration
is quite simple as well.  Most Linux distributions offer example
virtual host configurations in either the Apache config directory or
in the /usr/share/doc tree.  You can get more info on Apache's site:
http://httpd.apache.org/

If you're using Apache 2.2, look here: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/

If you need specific examples or help, it might be best to communicate
off-list, since this is more of a web server config issue rather than
a Myth-specific issue.  Drop me an email if you need to.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com