[mythtv-users] Frequency and Symbol Rate for DVB-S in dtv_multiplex?

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Nov 29 08:14:29 UTC 2007

Hi.

As long as I had only one DVB-S card in my MythTV box (combined BE/FE) it
worked without any problems.

After I added a second DVB-S card I have problems with the quality of the
recordings. There is periodic mosaic, parts of the recordings missing and
some recordings without sound.

I think I have isolated this to be a tuning problem, and when I look in the
dtv_multiplex table I see that for some of the transponders the frequency
and symbol rate deviates from the information found on lyngsat.com and
other websites.

Should I change these values or is there a good reason for this deviation?

I am running on Suse 10.3 and using the latest 0.20.2 RPMs from Packman.

Jens