[mythtv-users] Sharp 46' LCD, GF5200 and 1080 HD mode ?

Darren Richards darren.richards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:31:48 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 5:22 AM, warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:

> Hi *
>
> I have plan to upgrade my TV form CRT to Sharp 46X20.
> Do somebody have experience with this LCD TV, GF5200 and driving it to
> 1080 HD modes ?
> If so pls share Xorg.conf.
>
> From NV forums I know there is some issues with proper driving  this TV to
> 1080i.
>
> Also, is it possible to drive it to 1080p ?
>
> What is native matrix resolution in this TV: isn't it 1920x540 ?
>
> br
> _______________________________________________<http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users>

I have a Sharp 52" that I'm driving with a GF5200 at the full 1080p
resolution with no problems.  I did have to play around with a custom
modeline in my xorg.conf, as the pre-canned ones didn't work for me.  I can
check when I get home and post my relevant xorg.conf info.  (I've actually
been meaning to post that info to the wiki).

-darren