[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR 150: Trying to Get Tuner and Composite to Access Two Different Video Sources

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Thu Nov 29 17:09:33 UTC 2007

I have the standard Myth (mythtv-0.20.2-169.fc7) releaase installed
on Fedora 7 running on both a Master Backend (MBE) and a Slave
Backend (SBE). The MBE has a WinTV PVR 500 and the SBE has a WinTV
PVR 150. I am currently stuck.  My goal is to have four video
streams. I can only get three. The four streams would include:

1.  Both tuners on the WinTV PVR 500 accessing Comcast analog CATV
through its coax connector,

2.  The tuner on the WinTV PVR 150 accessing  Comcast analog CATV
through its coax connector, and

3.  The Composite Video input on the WinTV PVR 150 accessing the
Comcast Cable Decoder (Motorola DCT-25xx) box using the
/usr/local/bin/channel external program and a serial cable between
the SBE and the Motorola DCT-25xx.

Setting up the WinTV PVR 500 on the MBE to access CATV through its
two tuners using its coax connector has been a snap and works well.

Setting up the WinTV PVR 150 on the SBE to only access analog CATV
through its tuner using the coax connector has also worked well.

Setting up the WinTV PVR 150 on the SBE to only access the Motorola
DCT-25xx through its Composite Video (Composite1 or Composite 2)
connector has worked well.

However, when I use mythtv-setup to configure the WinTV PVR 150 on
the SBE to use both the tuner and the Composite Video (Composite1 or
Composite 2) connector - using separate video sources - things fall
apart. The Information Center, System Status, Tuner Status page in
mythfrontend, on both the MBE and the SBE, only shows the three
tuners - the two tuners on the MBE and the first video source
configured on the WinTV PVR 150 on the SBE (either the tuner or the
composite). I am unable to get myth to recognize the fourth video
stream as a fourth tuner.

I have deleted all the tuners many times and Sometimes beginning with
the MBE and sometimes beginning with the SBE. I have rebooted
everything countless times. started from scratch. I have also deleted
the Video Sources many times and rebuilt them. Either myth is not
designed to support two video sources on a WinTV PVR 150, something
is screwy in the mysql database, or I am missing something obvious
over and over again.  Show I be looking in the mysql database to see
if something has been corrupted?

Any help would be most appreciated.

-- Mache Creeger