[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:21:57 UTC 2007

On 11/28/07, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
> Yes, this makes deleting things by hand from the frontend an exercise
> in aggravation---the first one returns to the UI almost immediately,
> but the second one can take a while, and by the time we get to the
> third one, the UI is just hung for a minute or so until all the
> reschedules are processed.

This is certainly the biggest problem with the frontend UI for my
family.  I have slow deletes enabled but my re-schedule query takes
awhile likely due to the large number of channels I receive.  On the
second delete the frontend is totally unresponsive and gives no visual
indication that it is busy or when it is done.  Even after two years
of training my wife that she has to wait for it to reschedule it is
still an issue.

In most cases (at least for me) I don't think deleting a recording
needs to invoke an immediate reschedule.  Maybe a "Delete Later" or
"Delete But Don't Reschedule" option would be a good thing.