[mythtv-users] Mythtv is recording shows that have already been recorded?

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:26:41 UTC 2007

I have a problem with Mythtv recording an episode of Scrubs which has already been recorded in the past, watched, and deleted. Is it because after I delete it it's not there, so it thinks that it never recorded that episode? that would really stink if that's the case. Mythweb states for Scrubs to "Find and record one showing of this title each day." and these other settings are also checked:
Check for duplicates in: All recordings

Duplicate Check method: Subtitle and DescriptionAlso, there's a checkmark that I have tried that states, "Record new and expire old".

It's also happening with other shows like Family Guy which has a recording setting of: "Record at any time on channel WCGV."

So can anyone explain how Mythtv works for recordings that have already
been recorded, watched, and deleted? Why is it recording it again or
this normal? Much appreciated.

Daniel