[mythtv-users] building new myth machine for HD future - has this spec enough power?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Nov 29 20:19:24 UTC 2007

John Drescher píše v Čt 29. 11. 2007 v 15:07 -0500:
> > My supplier has > 4400+ with Windsor cores only and I wouldn't like
> > buying 90 nm anymore.
> >
> I would not either.
>

> > Also, I agree that underclocked 5200+ would be the same as BE-2350 but
> > there is $40 difference so I thought I'd buy the cheap factory
> > underclocked BE-2350 and overclock it by myself to 5200+ or higher
> > eventually.
> >
> I guess that would be fine then. It really depends if you think that
> the BE-2350 can get to 2.7Ghz or not.

You never know. Tom's Hardware says 2.5GHz is the limit while another
review said 3.0 GHz was possible. I of course prefer stability over
performances so I don't plan to push it. Besides that I can always buy
a faster CPU later. Switching CPU is easy for me but I am more concerned
about the graphics card...

Petr