[mythtv-users] quickly switching between 4:3 and Fill

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Thu Nov 29 20:27:40 UTC 2007

I have a 16:9 display and I'd like to program two keys on my remote so
one of them switches myth to 4:3 mode and the other to Fill mode (for
playing back letterboxed movies).  The W key switches between modes, but
you have to pass through some modes that I don't use, and I was hoping to
be able to switch directly between the two modes I do use.

One idea is to make use of the telnet interface to send W the right
number of times, or to pop up the aspect ratio menu and select the right
item, but both of those sound awkward.

Any other suggestions for how to do this?

Thanks,

Dan