[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:55:59 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 4:41 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> >   It is very frustrating to
> > sit and wait up to 10 seconds after every delete (from either the frontend
> > or mythweb).
> >
> > I am open to suggestions as to how I can improve this situation.
>
> Do you have your MySQL database on the same drive as your recording
> disk?  If so, that's the first thing you should consider fixing.

It is completely unreasonable to expect someone to have a multiple
disk system to get decent usability from MythTV. I would venture to
guess that the number of single disk systems far outnumber the number
of multi-disk systems - and those that are using multi disk systems
are unlikely to dedicate an entire disk to the system/MySQL database
as this would likely lead to a large amount of wasted space given the
size of disks these days.

As suggested multiple times by others, the first thing to try is to
convert the tables in mythcoverg to InnoDB from MyISAM. If that isn't
sufficient, we'll go from there.

-Dave