[mythtv-users] Mythtv is recording shows that have already been recorded?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 30 02:27:54 UTC 2007

On 11/29/2007 08:18 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007, at 5:03 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Actually, for a US user of (and I'm assuming here that you are using)
>> Schedules Direct, the programid is the important part for duplicate
>> matching (subtitle and description are ignored if programid exists for
>> the recorded show and the upcoming show).
>>
> Interesting. The description of matching Subtitle/Description gives no
> indication that what you want will be ignored in the event of some
> other field existing.

Yeah.  It's just that programid--if there--should /always/ be better
than any other dup checking that may exist as it's the TMS unique ID for
the episode.  So, if any dup checking is enabled and the episodes being
compared both have programid, dup check method becomes an on/off switch
(any enabled dup checking is on).  Note, though, that there's a bit more
to it than I described in this and the last message (because some
programid's are generics, etc.), but what I said is close enough that
(IMHO) it doesn't warrant the time it takes to type up the exact
behavior.  :)

Mike