[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Fri Nov 30 06:00:36 UTC 2007

> I haven't tried Scott's fix yet, but previously I was able to get sipie
> to work fine, but whenever I started it up, I'd get that GUI where I had
> to pick the channel I wanted.  I could never get the scripts to work as
> described in the Wiki.  So, I never had the Sirius menu options on the
> frontend GUI.  I'm using FC6 via Mythdora 4.0.  What are you using?  And
> were the scripts on the Wiki OK or did they need some tweaking?

I don't want to take credit for someone else's work, they aren't my
fixes, I just found all the info ;)

I've never had the gui problem.  I thought there was a way to force
the CLI so the gui pieces wouldn't start up?  I was using FC6 but
now it is running on FC8.

As for tweaking, I didn't need to tweak them in order to get them
to work initially.  I did wind up doing some tweaks to create mp3s
using lame rather than the wmv files by default.

Scott