[mythtv-users] How to tell myth what is encrypted channel

James Gutshall Jr warchildx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:06:30 UTC 2007

I am not sure, but I have a similar condition (though my issue was related
to tuner inputs, not specific to DVB-t).  What I ended up doing is creating
2 channel linups.  I left the "special" card for last in my tuner linup
because I havent gotten the priority thing working.

basically to mimic your setup...

tuner 1 = regular tuner = linup 1
tuner 2 = regular tuner = linup 1
tuner 3 = encrypt support tuner = linup 2

linup 1 contains all the channels EXCEPT encrypted.
linup 2 is based of same list as linup 1 except that it contains ALL the
channels.

therefore, tuner priority starts on 1, then 2, then 3 last.  UNLESS it is
for a encrypted channel.  in this case, only tuner 3 has those channels, and
therefore, normal TV doesnt tie up the card with the CAM slot.
--James