[mythtv-users] Mythtv is recording shows that have already been recorded?

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:21:40 UTC 2007

{This sounds like a broken DB.  I've seen similar issues where the
{VARCHAR(20) programid becomes a VARCHAR(6) (or, now, a VARCHAR(40)
{programid would become a VARCHAR(13)) because someone/something (such as
{an upgrade) messes with the encoding of the DB.  Once this happens, the
{truncated value makes everything look like a dup.
{
{Since deleting and recreating the rule is easy, it wouldn't hurt to try
{that.  But, if you can check out your oldrecorded/recorded/program
{tables to verify the programid columns (and values), you might be able
{to figure out exactly what's wrong.

{Mike

Hi Mike,
How exactly could I see the oldrecorded/recorded/program tables? I am not familar with
mysql commands at all. When I tried to go into phpmyadmin just to check out mythconverg
I didn't know what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel